View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 05:05 PM   #1
canno

Default '97 318ti and '98 318ti-M parts cars

I have 2 318ti cars that can be used for parts:

#1: 1998 M series manual. Black/black. Hit on the left door/fender. Damage to front fender, wheel suspension, door, A-pillar, rocker panel. The A-pillar/rocker panel damage is what made this too expensive for me to consider fixing. Engine still runs, but car is not drivable because the front left wheel angles out.

#2: 1997 manual. Black/grey cloth. Hit from behind. Damage to rear deck, bumper, both rear quarter panels. Likely rear frame damage as the impact buckled the back of the car underneath. The car is currently not drivable because the impact knocked one radiator mount off and coolant leaks.

When the '98 got hit, I kept it because I wanted another 318ti and I figured it would be good for parts. The '97 just got hit this week and the insurance company is going to total it. I don't have room for both cars, so I'm looking to sell one or both.

The body shop said it might be possible to take the parts from the '97 and repair the '98. However, that would involve cutting the A-pillar/rocker panel from both cars and welding it in.

The cars are located in Austin, Texas and will need to be towed away.

--------------
97 Black/Grey with rear damage. The wheels in the pics are no longer on the car. The stock wheels were put back on.
Click image for more pictures:

Last edited by canno; 03-05-2015 at 10:17 PM.
canno is offline   Reply With Quote