View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #1
KASZ

Default Injector Upgrade/Replacement

So I might get backlash from a lot of users but this is more of a proof of concept I suppose. Most owners I talk to with an m42 are familiar with switching the injectors in their e30's to a 4 pintle design found in ford vehicles (v6?) and volvos (http://theiconicbmw.com/about-me/tech-articles/chasing-efficiency/bosch-design-iii-fuel-injectors/). There is a lot of documentation out there with owners doing such replacements and having a lot of luck and praise the upgrade. BUT most e30s with m42 engines do not have vacuum lines attached to their injectors like our m42 318ti's do or m44 for that matter. I'vs read multiple users deleting the hoses and capping off the tree to the injectors and having no issues. Has anyone tried this? Since it is downstream from the MAF i dont believe a rich/lean fuel mixture scenarios is likely, and if anything this would reduce the possibility of a vacuum leak occurring under the intake hence improving reliability in a sense. So improved atomization (smoothness and economy) and reduction in vacuum issues sounds like a win win to me? Any thoughts? And yes, I know, leave it stock, BMW engineers are genius, etc. etc. but wondering what you guys think.
KASZ is offline   Reply With Quote