View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
bmwconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRD3 View Post
I was just talking to a BMW mechanic friend of mine (back in Canada, not Europe) about this and he brought up a good point that I had not thought of. If the European cars are generally tuned more aggressive from the factory, and therefore the Dinan ECU (or any Canadian or American tuning software) would almost just be an equivalent to what the factory European tune is, why are the output numbers on a European 323Ti and a CAD/US 323 coupe, with the same M52B25 engine, identical? 170HP and 181 lb. ft. Torque.

In that case, if the Dinan bumps horsepower and torque on a CAD/US 323i coupe, should it not do the same on the European 323Ti?

If the more aggressive European tune doesn't show up in the numbers, where do you see it? Or are the European output numbers just understated?

T.I.A.
Take a read from your 323ti in European and then I will compare it against the US/SPEC 323 software and I will tell you quickly what is going on

tool to read the DME http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OBD2-Galletto...item1c1f443c96