View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 04:58 AM   #13
ZeroG
I miss my Ti....... :(

Default I hear ya ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95isTurbo
Thats funny. Your saying that you paid $400 for a MAF sensor that cost ~50 bucks on Ebay ? those guys at Split Second really ripped you off
A used BMW MAF may be available on ebay for $50 but a new one would be more. Anyway that MAF that came with the Kit is made b y Ford and is the OEM part from a 5.0 Mustang. My Maf is also 3.5" diameter. Now to find a Bimmer one that big you have to go to Europe.

The MAF is also calibrated to your cars ECU that way when you start messing with the knobs on the ARC II you don't have a signal calibration issues. I.E. The BMW ECU is designed to see 0-5 volts from an AFM, well if your MAF send a 7 volt signal guess what happens, ECU you take a ****, throws a check engine light and makes the run hella lean. So there is a little more to it then that.

I feel ya though it is kind of over priced. It is more then just a MAF Kit though it trully is a piggyback ECU, with it you can use larger injectors and even dial out the fuel that you don't need in certain areas and add fuel where you do.

-Chad