Thread: Biolite's Build
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 04:10 AM   #14
Biolite

Couple updates, no new pictures, ‘cause it hasn’t been that interesting. So, I eventually found a thermostat from a salvage yard in GA that was willing to ship. That issue has been resolved. The engine is pretty much buttoned up minus the valve cover. I got a crank sensor bracket machined and am working to get that fit up. I just need to shim the sensor about 0.050” so it has a nice gap – I sort of erred on that side of the design. The wideband got wired in. I did this by using one of the splice combs in the power distribution box and ran a separate fused circuit. That power distribution box is a pain, you really have to wrestle with things in there. Also routed the sensor wires for the coolant and oil gauges and made some mounts for the gauge pod and got that all assembled and back in the car. After much debate I decided to go with the older E30 six cylinder coolant tank and fit it in somewhere. I’m working to see how that is going to fit under the hood. I am thinking it’ll nestle in the driver’s side in front of the shock tower, but I really need to remove the two air box brackets there to figure it out. A Mishimoto radiator came in about a month ago along with some of the other cooling system parts. I have an order from SendCutSend in for a mounting bracket for the fan which should arrive shortly. Probably still a couple months before the engine makes it back in the car and it’s unfortunately getting cold in the garage this season.