View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 02:47 AM   #15
rleniek

in re: " I drove a Civic and a Golf, and nothing came close. For me, it was the perfect vehicle." -paul somlo

likewise, man... i had a rabbit in highschool, a gti in college and envied the kids whose parents got them new ti's while i was eating ramen. To drive a 4cyl hatchback with twice the hp of my rabbit that gets 30mpg and is same color makes me feel whole. *grin*

"I wanted a hatchback without much compromise" is the perfect way to describe how I felt when I decided to get my first ti. I had to trailer it home and it took a couple months of acquiring parts all over the world to rebuild the intake. The last owner got impatient chasing vacuum leaks and literally broke off the lower intake mounting bracket. I had to commit to figuring it all out because the car was and is exactly what I wanted. A white 5sp first gen obd is like a unicorn. They're usually green or purple, newer and almost always automatic out here it seems. Driving it makes me giddy. I can't say that about any of the other 30 cars i've owned. It's a go-kart that can transport outdoor gear like mini truck. how cool is that. cmon.

Last edited by rleniek; 12-05-2018 at 03:37 AM.
rleniek is offline   Reply With Quote