View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
geetarspaz

Vehicles
Default WTB: M44 Cylinder Head

So it looks like my engine did in fact overheat during my whole coolant escapade. I've been having some recent various complications that many have said relate and are the symptoms to a blown head gasket and bad head. My symptoms include my radiator being very low at the end of the day, and having to let the air out till it reaches top again, milky white color when checking oil dip stick, slight smell of coolant through the fans when the heat is on well, lots of oil in my first two spark plugs, recent radiator leak after doing a fix and it lasting for about a week, and a general loss of power. I did a compression test 3 times today. Thing is, I could only test 3/4 of them because my second spark plug last year completely shot out one day when i turned on the car. I was an hour and half away from home, and managed to get the car to a local shop where an older mechanic helicoiled it in for $200 because the inside was completely stripped. I went to take this spark plug out today for the test and the whole helicoil came with it so regardless i'll need a new cylinder head at some point to put a new spark plug back in. The compression test on the other 3 resulted all in average 235 even, which at least was a good sign.

Looking to see if anyone has any cylinder heads around. I have one in line but if the price is right ill take it. My location is in PA.
geetarspaz is offline   Reply With Quote