View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #15
wodcutr

Progress report! The 96 motor is installed with the 98 harness. I left everything the same and used the 98 computer, EWS, locks and antenna ring. I swapped the fuel supply hard lines from the 96 and eliminated the FPR down on the chassis by the fuel filter. I also installed the charcoal filter from the 96 and had to custom cut the SAP bracket to allow it to be installed and not interfere with mounting it. The blue fuel tank vapor line also had to be cut and connected differently as the 98's had a different connector and the line was too short.

I had trouble bleeding the clutch master as I have a suction bleeder and I couldn't get all the air out using it...I kept getting air bubbles in the fluid. I ended up just letting the thing gravity bleed and closed the bleeder and installed the slave. Then I went and started pumping the clutch pedal and after a few pumps, to my surprise, it started getting some back pressure. Ten more pumps and I had a working clutch! I am still not sure that I don't have some air still in there, but at least it is functioning.

Took the car out for a test drive and it felt pretty good. I thought the wide 225 tires gave the car a ton of road grip and steering response. I also figured that with those big tires on the car there would be no way this little m44 could possibly break the back tires loose...who needs traction control!

Had a bit of a mishap on the way back from the test drive. The rear coolant pipe broke off at both the hose connections and blew coolant everywhere. I kick myself for not replacing the thing while the motor was out, but I was able to get it replaced with only a few cuss words, and am now back on the road.

I am showing a CEL as I have not installed the SAP simulator yet, but am hoping to tackle that here shortly. I also can only see the odometer if the sun is shining directly on the cluster. Hoping that this is just a backlight burnt out and not something else. The DS window also has a problem going up and down so that is something else to be addressed. Time to polish her up nice and deep clean the interior. I will try and post some pics of it when I am done. Thanks for all the help guys. Merry New Year!
wodcutr is offline   Reply With Quote