View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Romak

Still needs a wet sand and polish (it still hasn't been done)

Rainy day at home within the first month of having it back, still stock headlights at that point, ebay special carbon fiber badge set went on after all the work was done

Then i scooped these from craiglist for $50, Zkw projectors, a little hacked inside after the guy tried to install fiber optic angel eyes, those are now gone. Not sure if i want to put angels in but for now the lights are in the car.

Back side hack job

These were seriously terrible without the right box/ light for them

I ghetto wired them until I bought HID's from Darren (dt30), not wired properly (well almost highs are still ghetto'd I haven't made a new harness yet.. yeah yeah I know fire hazard or possibility of a short)

The install

Around rolled summer and I pieced together a Thule roof rack (fit kit is the hardest part on a ti, it's discontinued and no thule dealers can get a hold of it and if someone has one they aren't selling. So you get crafty and use google, now in case anyone needs this I'll post it. This is a list of every fit kit made AND the bracket and pad numbers in each kit. Find your kit, find out what other cars use the same brackets and buy their kits! HA!
http://pauloang.com/thule_fit_kits/
So I found an acura kit on craigslist and an E36 kit on ebay and bought them, at the time I had no passport and the ebay seller would only ship to the states, So I got Avee (agrewel) to order the $50ish kit and gave him $100 total for it to cover his cost of going across the line. Thanks again for that huge time saver for me. Bought the rest of the pieces locally and threw it on the morning I left for a cousins wedding in Kamloops.

Of course the reason I needed it was to hit sunpeaks that weekend

More of the bike for those who like them

Earlier that week I had changed a bad injector after having Tom (wuffer) help me diagnose it with a mechanical stethoscope (new to me but wow those things are great!) Should've replaced the short fuel lines between the rail and hard lines running down the firewall, somewhere past Larson hill on the Coquihalla I split the pressure side line, could smell fuel and couldn't pull hills to save my life. Limped in into Merrit straight to the Lordco, had few tools but new what the problem was. Also new what I needed down to socket sizes and extension lengths to fix it, went inside told them what I needed, used nick's (Goose) generous discount to save me some $$$ and I fixed it in the parking lot. For those of you who don't know there are a lot of rednecks in Merrit. They looked at me funny pulling me car apart in their lordco parking lot, also in 30+ weather (end of july), on a car that had just gone from Abbotsford to Merrit with little stops, weather was hot and the car was like touching a frying pan. But I did it anyways otherwise I'd be stranded, family members at the wedding were a little impressed by the story too!

In the parking lot

Then later in the winter I order some goodies to fix some of my oil leaks and freshen some things up, filters, gaskets, bushings, motor mounts, tranny mounts, *bent control arm.....*, etc.

Oil pan gasket begins, over winter might I add in an unheated shop, very cold!!

1995 Bmw 318ti - Cordoba rot
Romak is offline   Reply With Quote