View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 04:41 AM   #45
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEK View Post
It's with sadness that the motor has been obliterated. BMW enthusiast neighbor took around the block, which normally I have no problem letting others drive. It's a swapped Ti nothing fancy. He was moving in 3rd and went to 2nd, barely touched brakes but let out the clutch. I saw tach go to 7500 and keeping climbing. Motor was done for. Metal on metal instantly. Car died. Got home, drained oil. Metal bits and the spring from one of the main seals. Leaked out the front main seal as well. Pulled plugs. Pistons have marks from hitting valves and #6 smacked the spark plugs shattering piston. I don't think anything is salvageable. The full ARP kit might be bent as well. Trans could be ****ed. Very lucky he did not lose it and put into pole. Car will get rebuilt with another built 6 most likely or something similar.
NOOOO!!!

That sucks!! I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully this doesn't kill your motivation for the car! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote