View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 07:02 AM   #12
alika808

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
\

Find the EWS II module located behind glove box. Remove EWS unit and wiring harness. On the wiring harness to the EWS there are two thick wires, There are a few small wires but you will see two wires much bigger then the others. Take these two thicker wires and connect them together by striping and soldering them or using a T-Tap connector (My favorite and easiest). This will only bypass the EWS starter kill. EWS will still be active for ignition and fuel. If the DME ISN does not match EWS stored ISN then no fuel or spark.

This will eliminate the EWS starter kill by bypassing the start relay.

If you turn on the key with all wiring on the starter and a good ground to the starter body, jumper #1 to #2 and that will energize the starter solenoid and the starter should engage the bendix and start rotation.

You should not get any fuel pressure until the DME detects the engine is rotating, so until the engine is cranking over and the crank position sensor detects rotation the fuel relay will not engage sending power to your fuel pump.

Hope this helps, John S
If I override (bypass) the EWS by putting jumper between pin #1 and pin #3. Can I use any DME, of course same parts number with the original DME, should the car start?
alika808 is offline   Reply With Quote