View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #7
campaiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
There is nothing readily available in the US for this as a direct bolt-on, as there were no 6 cyl ti's in the US. Z3 and Mcoupe exhausts are too short, regular e36 exhausts are too long. (not to mention wrong mounting points)

I had a custom exhaust made from the headers back w/ 2.5" piping. Ran about $500 inc. CA legal cat, resonator and muffler. Totally worth it.

The ti front exhaust section is too restrictive for a 6 cyl motor. If you can, find a mid-section from any 6 cyl e36 and have a good muffler shop fab up the rest off that, for a less expensive option.

Too restrictive an exhaust will result in a loss of power across the board, not to mention possibly burning out the exhaust valves. Too free flowing of an exhaust, and you will lose substantial low end torque.

+1

There is nothing that you can go and buy to make this work. I recommend a stock M3 midpipe (bolts to the header and fits perfectly back to the gas tank). After that, its custom work unfortunately and pricey for good work.
M3 S52 3.2 I-6 Engine, M3 Clutch w/ ti Getrag Trans, Z3 3.15 LSD medium case diff and half shafts, OEM Hatch Spoiler, Eurosport HP Underdrive Pulleys, FDM, 17" DS1 rims, M3 Front Struts & Springs, M3 Instrument Cluster, 3-spoke //M steering wheel with tri-color stitching, SSK, CCFL Angels in Depo projectors with 5k HIDs
campaiar is offline   Reply With Quote