View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
Strawman

Default FS: Medium-case 3.07 Torsen LSD differential, $300

I bought this from a local dude who wrecked his 2001 BMW Z3 about a year ago when I realized the clutch-pack LSD in my Z3 M Roadster was toast -- but I ended up selling the car before I installed it.

This is an easy way to get a limited-slip differential into your 318ti, but I'd only recommend it if you have a six-cylinder swap or DASC since it is a special order "highway-gear" -- you're N/A four-cylinder might struggle turning it. It came out of a low-mileage (89k miles) Z3 that was adored by the owner, but he parted it after he rear-ended a Suburban. Comes with axle stubs and rear cover, although I snapped off two fins moving it in my garage (they're the same as an E30, so they're easy to find). I'm asking $300, which is what I paid for it and doesn't count my sweat/labor to remove it. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep it as a spare for my S52-swapped 318ti. I originally looked for a 2.93 diff for my 318ti to get the highway revs down, but eventually settled on a 3.25 (with a worn clutch-pack that I ended up rebuilding!!!) a few years ago. Wish I woulda waited...

PM with your email addy and I'll send pics. I occasionally drive to the SF Bay Area and Sacramento, so I can deliver if you're not in too much of a hurry. Help me get it out of my garage!

Geoff
San Luis Obispo, CA
Sleeper Calypsorot 1996 318ti tintop. CA-legal swapped S52 from '98 M3, and ZF transmission with lightened flywheel/clutch. Magnaflow 2-into-1 muffler. Six-cylinder Eibach springs in front and 318ti H&R Sport springs in rear. Koni Sport adjustable dampers all around. Racing Dynamics 28mm & 19mm swaybars. M3 front hubs/brakes, E34 rear calipers, braided SS brake lines, Hawk HP-S pads. DS-II wheels. Polyflex purple bushings throughout, and factory lower x-brace. Fan delete mod. Engine mount reinforcements welded-in. 3.25 LSD rear diff from E28 & E30 axles.

Last edited by Strawman; 08-19-2017 at 12:52 AM.
Strawman is offline   Reply With Quote