View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #19
iammagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
The headliner isn't really my style. But my only real issue with it is that you didn't finish it by also covering the sunroof section, and the trim around it.

The problem with valuing a car like yours is that it has so many personalizations that it's actually more difficult to sell than a plain, base model. As you make a car more and more unique your pool of potential buyers shrinks because fewer and fewer people share your taste. Note that I'm not judging your personal taste/style, just pointing out that we're all unique. Of course, some are more unique than others. LOL

As an example... consider someone like me, who has relatively "vanilla" taste for my daily driver. I look at your car and see a several mods that are sincerely pretty cool, but that I'd still have to spend money to change. E.g., the headliner. All those changes add up to "I'd be better off starting from scratch with another less-modded car."

Now, all of the above being said... I have no idea what I'd offer for your car. LOL I agree with the others who've suggested that you find a way to keep it. Perhaps you can utilize your obvious skills/resources to fix up a damaged car or two and sell them for a profit?

EDIT - I'm definitely jealous of the flashlight in the glovebox! :-)

interesting never thought about it that way. Although honestly I wouldnt say my car is that "personalized" or that heavily modded. Pretty much a mini hellrot M3. I get that some people may not like the red inserts on the steering wheel or the headliner (which has oficially been given a bum rap) but all in all I think anyway is relatively mild its no show car. Thanks everyone for all the input. Still unsure on what to ask for her or if even to let her go.

Writeup hopeflly will be put up tonight for my fellow hatchback brethren.
iammagnus is offline   Reply With Quote