View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 06:11 PM   #217
FunElan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sortasorted View Post
I have fixed a few of these and have not had one actually be the regulator or any window parts. The pinch weld in the front of the door, that the bottom of the front track is attached to the inner door skin, breaks and allows the bottom of the window to pop out on the way down. Then on the way up the top pops out and the window falls into the door or blinds up really bad bending the regulator arm, which can be carefully straightened back out. It often breaks the inside of the weld and can't be seen by looking at the inside of the door. Sometimes the track will pull the weld through leaving a hole, I've seen both. Reach in and wiggle the bottom of the front track, it shouldn't move at all. If it does, move the track out of the way and drill an 1/8 inch hole through the weld. Then put the track back where it should be plus a little, to make it a bit tighter between the front and rear track than stock, and drill through your first hole through the tab for the track and put a 1/4 stinger screw threw them both but dont over tighten. Lithium grease the sliders and test.

Interesting...never thought to look for that. Definitely going to check that out when it warms up enough for me to fix my passenger side window...