View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 03:49 AM   #1
drhughes

Default 96ti, 66K mi, possibly for sale [or free advice]

Silver, 5 speed, 66K miles, sunroof, cloth interior, tinted windows, alloy wheels, traction control, keyless entry, alarm. Has recent tires, belts, front brakes. Looks good to casual observer, but has some blistered paint & minor hail damage. Also, a significant dent on the passenger side rear pillar -- windstorm blew over our portable basketball goal onto the car. Suspect this would be a challenge to fix?

Reason for selling: a/c went out, and my mechanic says the evaporator is bad. This guy has a great rep, and I trust him [his shop only works on German cars] He'd fix it for $2000, though I'm sure BMW could do it quicker for a bunch more . My wife doesn't really like this car, and is against sinking the money into it. I'm still divided. . . . My mechanic says it will blow outside air temp air without the fix, but where I am [Little Rock, AR], it's way too hot for that in the summer. You folk in northern climes would probably do fine. I'm not in a hurry to sell, and would have to wait until it cools down if one of us is driving it -- it's 95 here now! I'll aim to get some more pix up next week, and am definitely open to free advice about the evaporator [or anything else] in the interim.

My email is drhughes@hotmail.com if you want more details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	318ti.jpg Views:	465 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	6366