View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
joe1602

Vehicles

Interesting story: At the Genesee Valley Chapter (GVC) BMW drivers school at Watkins Glen in June, I took the ti (that's where I spun the bearing on the 2nd day) and the inspections were done by mechanics from The Little Speed Shop from Rochester NY. The guy doing mine loved the ti right off the bat! I was in line with other much more coveted M3's, Porsches, etc. and this guy was only interested in the ti. Telling some of the other workers there to take a look at it. When I was done he put his hand on the roof of the car and said "Whoa! This is a California Roof! I've never seen one before, only heard of them. Wow! That's really cool!" So I think it just depends on who you are around and their actual knowledge of BMW's. I am starting to wonder if the ti's are going to start increasing in popularity in the next few years like the good examples of the E30's have recently. I know a few years ago you could pick up a good example of an E30 318is pretty cheap, now they are pretty darn expensive. Either way I love mine and am really missing driving it while I look for a donor E36.
joe1602 is offline   Reply With Quote