View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:43 PM   #3
marc.scott

Well i'm currently on the 3rd new starter, it all started one day out of the blue. I had replaced the old starter because it just quit working all together. The new one i put in worked fine for about 2 weeks then just started spinning without engaging the flywheel. Figured ok, that starter was used i'll get a new one. That one didn't work at all no matter how many times i tried it would just not turn the flywheel, so i took it off and tested it. BAD SOLEMOID, so i put the used one back in. Got another new one, and put it in today. Worked fine twice then started the whole not spinning the flywheel at all thing. So i checked every single ground i could find and every relay, fuse, and switch i could associate with the ignition, they all seemed fine except the fuel pump relay. So i'm guessing that's the problem, i'm gonna have to get one tomorrow to check it out. If i test the resistance of the fuel pump relay from peg 85 to 86 i get 10 ohms, I was told by a BMW tech that optimal resistance is 8 ohms, but everything should work fine at 10. Sounds fishy, i'll keep you guys updated if the new relay works, but if anyone else has had this problem please post a reply.
marc.scott is offline   Reply With Quote