View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 02:34 AM   #12
BrosZ3

Hi Guys, I'm in the same boat as you guys. I bought the 318 kit for my 97 Z3 and then realized they have a different elbow. I bought the kit in April of this year (from this site) and followed up with Downing Atlanta for the elbow (back in April). I spoke to Jim and he said they still have the cast and would be able to create another elbow for my Z3. We sent a few emails back and forth over the last few months and I spoke with him just last week to confirm he has the elbow. He said he did. I emailed him today to set up the purchase and he asks me if I'm still coming to Atlanta. When I tell him that he's thinking of someone else, he tells me the most dreadful news...the last elbow is being picked up this week and they will no longer sell any! I can't believe it. He did send a follow up email telling me that they may have a "damaged" elbow that can be re-machined and repaired. I guess that will be my only hope, otherwise, I'll be selling the 318 kit and wait around for a Z3 kit. I just can't believe my 1 month of complacency led to this mess. Lesson learned. Good luck to you guys! Hope it all goes well!
BrosZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote