View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
robertdeutsch08

Vehicles
Thumbs up New ti owner in Louisiana

Hello all, new ti owner here from central LA. Picked my Hellrot '98 ti with M-tech up for 300 bucks off a friend that bought it with the intention to fix it up, but never did. It had a problem with overheating although it never really got that hot - always shut down before anything major could happen, so he replaced the water pump and that didn't fix the problem...so it sat there until I picked it up. It has a few issues I've got to work out before I'll be able to drive her (probably a head gasket - I've already scoured the forum and written down all the other bits I should attend to while in there - and I'll be restoring the front of the car from a good bit of sketchy workmanship after what appears to be a wreck at the front passenger side of the car). I'm replacing practically everything in front of the radiator - bumper, bumper reinforcement, new bumper shocks, headlights and fog lights, a/c condenser and fan...I'm sure you get the point. When all that is finished, I'll probably paint it flat black and leave it at that.

From what I've read, they are pretty awesome cars and I'd hate to see it go to waste, so I decided to dedicate a little time and $$$ to slowly but surely get it back to good order. If I fall in love with it, I'll probably move forward with an engine swap (once college is over) - I'll debate between S50 or LS1 when that time comes though. I've got big plans, but for the time being I'll enjoy the 30+mpg everyone is always talking about; It'll be much better than my H3!

I'll try and post a few photos if it will let me, but seeing that I'm a noob here - I may not have that privilege just yet, but we will see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20131213_165625.jpg Views:	145 Size:	20.3 KB ID:	14658   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20131213_165638.jpg Views:	137 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	14659   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20131213_165648.jpg Views:	144 Size:	20.3 KB ID:	14660  

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20131213_165702.jpg Views:	136 Size:	9.9 KB ID:	14661  
robertdeutsch08 is offline   Reply With Quote