Thread: almost screwed
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #12
AlaskaBlue

Hmm well I had an idiot in a beat up honda dx try to be a real hard street racer today. It was possibly the funniest thing ever.

Well the story goes like this. I was coming up on a clover leaf and I just got my new seats installed and I wanted to see how much support the really had. Well I am going maybe 50 mph around this thing and I started to come up on a really riced out civic you know the deal: no muffler, altezzas, broken aftermarked front bumper, hubcaps, and black tint windows.

Well I am slowing down because he is going fairly slow. He is about 3 car lenghts in front of me and decided to try to brake check me maybe? He locked up the brakes mid corner and starts sliding for a second. Me having 12.5" brakes thought this was mighty funny and idiotic as I slowed down easily and a lot faster than he did. Then I pass him because his car is dead slow as we merge onto the highway he was probably still going about 50, I think he was having trouble getting his speed up after his "brake check".

A few 15 seconds later he flys by on the left in full rice glory! He rolls down his window and yells something about wanting to race. I chuckle a bit to myself and wave him off. Then he tailgates me and once again passes me on the left at full throttle, but it is more loud than actual fast. After he passes me he cuts me off to exit the highway. In conclusion, I thought this persons antics were mighty funny. Except for that fact that he was an idiot and an ass. That is what I do when I encounter "these said things" Maybe some people could learn from this.

How do people wonder why the street racer types get bad reputions? All I have to say is drag stip, auto-x, or track it.