View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 11:41 PM   #3
winner9101

The car has been great so far! I have been slowly making changes and preparing the car for a widebody kit that I got for the car and for BAR. Funnily enough, I probably should have thought about changing the trailing arms when I had the entire rear subframe out a couple of weekends ago to change to the subframe riser bushings and change the RTABs.

Nothing broke on the car, but I was looking into widening the rear track with the z3(I6) trailing arms. After I posted I started looking at some of your older threads and was reading all about your plans and modifications on the rear end. I was about to go and measure the rear track to see, but you probably remember, does the car already have the z3 trailing arms? With the wider trailing arms are the spring perches in the same location? What about the lower shock bolt?

I have looked into the SRS adapter, but I might be able to source a Sparta Big brake kit rather than something OEM BMW so I am probably going to go with that instead. Ultimately it looks like I am going to be running BBS 18x11 wheels so I don't have to worry about using smaller rotors.

Ultimately, if there is too much hassle involved in swapping to the z3(I6) trailing arm then I will just compensate with wheel offset or spacers.

I'll stick with the 3.46 for now! If I ever go to something more aggressive like a diffsonline unit I'll let you know

Last edited by winner9101; 11-05-2020 at 11:48 PM.
winner9101 is offline   Reply With Quote