View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
steve64h

Default a neat mod for your interior

I'm working on replacing my front ashtray system with a more practical open storage box for my cell phone and sunglasses etc. If you push on the open lid of the ashtray, you'll be able to pull the inner ashtray out. Then you'll see a couple of screws that, once removed, will allow you to pull out the whole ashtray-cigar lighter trim assembly leaving an ugly but much more useful hole in the console (as well as the wires for the ligher and lamp) I've gone that far, and I've aquired a nice chunk of walnut scrap from a wood worker I know. I'm still in the process of working it to fit, but once I do it should have a socket for the lighter and a low wall to keep the phone separate from the glasses etc. Also, when trying to track down a short in my wiring, I discovered that the part of the console that has the cup holders and change dispenser hides a simpler, more open, and in my opinion, more sportscar like set of cupholders and catch-all. As for your change, I've found that if you leave it in your left front pocket it will convieniently stack up on the drivers side rear floor mat!
steve64h is offline   Reply With Quote