View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 08:24 PM   #1
nnamssorxela

Default Spring Options for Budget Rallycross Build? (6 cyl swap)

Hello All,

Trying to piece together my budget rallycross "build" and I'm fumbling through the suspension setup for my mismatched swap. The car is a stripped down '95 TI with an M50 swap. Most of the interior is removed, but the dash (and wiring behind) is still in place, leaving the rear very light, and the front still the full weight (+bracing) of an E36 with an M50.

The car is currently equipped with what I believe are 318ti H&R sport springs (purple) with Bilstein Sport shocks/struts. It drives well (even offroad), but already this is too low for a normal TI, and with the added weight of the M50 I'm probably an inch lower which turns the car into a bit of a plow.

I just picked up some springs from a 325 that I believe to be the "sport" springs which I understand are about 1" lower than OEM and a good bit stiffer. I plan on running these 325 "sport" springs in the front, but I'm not sure if I want to leave the H&R sport springs in the back, find OEM TI rear springs, or run the 325 sport rear springs, as I've heard they will fit.

Has anyone tackled a similar issue? My end goal is increased stiffness with OEM ride height, or minimal lowering.

P4C, which is my favorite photo of my car:

Last edited by nnamssorxela; 10-22-2018 at 08:27 PM.
nnamssorxela is offline   Reply With Quote