Thread: epiphany swap
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Crashaddict

Vehicles
Default epiphany swap

so this idea for a swap snuck up on me last night. I have a buddy who has an S52 swapped Ti... it was my idea for him to get it and it is just awful...it sounds bad is always broken and the weight defies the point of the cars size. All in all, i hate my friends s52 swapped ti, it doesn't even feel fast. What i did come to love was my Mazdaspeed 3. Spectacularly fun car, i was hooked. I recently sold that and have been jonesin to go fast. My stock Ti is fried and i got to thinking...."what if i put one of those light and peppy Mazda motors, in this tiny, poised Bimmer?"that tought led to a few hours of research and i found what appears to be the perfect candidate. I propose putting a Wankel 13BTT into my Ti. The engine weighs in around 300lbs (400 with tranny and all the shiny turbo Fixens) puts out 255HP and 232 Ft/lbs TQ stock. I figure if some people wanna Go big and dumb(LS1) it might be worth a shot to go small and brilliant. i know i will need a new tranny, diff, gauge cluster, and ECU, but do you guys think parts like the radiator would suit the new motor? I know wiring is gonna be a btch, if you have some advice, please let me know
Crashaddict is offline   Reply With Quote