View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #12
Marv17

If you look at the door cards you can see if its the gray and black style, or the red and black style. Since door cards are hard to come by, decent ones anyway, it can be an indication that it is either original m-tech exterior with swapped out interior, or a base with upgraded exterior parts. If you are going to keep it stock might as well do a coolant system overhaul since they tend to break if never replaced. Do necessary upgrades if you can while it's apart. Check the oil filter housing for leaks. Valve cover for leaks. Thermostat housing for leaks, heck replace it while you're there since they can be stuck open or closed if it's old. Replace intake boots. And any vacuum lines. It'll be worth it in the end once you're done because it will be more reliable and you have ease of mind that it's taken care of.
In regards of the exhaust, I'm sure a shop can make you a new one for cheaper than buying a stock one at $250+. I've seen a super sprint for sale a while back. Stromung exhaust is good too. Keep looking and you'll get lucky in what you find.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote