View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 03:49 AM   #1
anassa

Vehicles
Default Question: ti m52 swap driveshaft/trans brace ?

Quick question for those with swaps or know/have done it.

Right now I have m52+zf trans in my 318ti bolted to a medium case diff. When I look up at the shifter boot location from under the car it looks like the shifter is not centered, its pushed to the left (driver side), when shifting it also doesn't feel lined up and is easier to misshift - fifth gear require me to push all the way right and up to make sure it goes in, third gear also can be hard to find. The trans brace seems like has been moved or drilled in , lastly I am not sure what driveshaft has been used, the U-joint at the end is getting old and I am fairly sure its causing a clunk in the back (Subframe/trailing arm/diff bushings are all poly bushings already).

So for 318ti with m52+ZF trans and medium size diff.
- What driveshaft? Stock 328i/is driveshaft work?
- What trans brace? Stock zf e36 m3/328 trans brace?
- Or shifter is bent wrong? Kinda like the z3m shifter needs to be bent?

Its been bugging me or a while not being able to get smooth shifts and I am thinking of replacing the driveshaft (Guibo and CSB already done) so I want to make sure to get the right one.

Thanks!

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote