View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 03:54 AM   #1
Richard Wood

Default Help undoing transmission coolant nuts

Pulling out the transmission and have hit a snag trying to get the coolant lines disconnected. In this and in my haynes manual they just say to undo them without explaining how that might be possible http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8092

Please review attachment photos. In the first one the nut is a dark black thing on lower left.

What sort of spanner could reach these hard to access nuts? For the second one the other coolant line is in the way and there just wouldn't be room to move a spanner anyway. The first one again just no room to move a spanner. The curve of the lines prevents use of a socket set.

I've also got a problem getting one of the plugs out. See third pic. In one reference it was described as a bayonet plug. That to me would mean push turn and pull. But this thing won't push pull or turn. Can anyone tell me the trick? Again this one is in a hard to reach place. UPDATE: got the plug out - needed to turn the ring on it counterclockwise.

For any or all of these, should I just wait until I've dropped the transmission out for better access?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	image3.JPG Views:	411 Size:	123.5 KB ID:	15471   Click image for larger version Name:	image2.JPG Views:	417 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	15472   Click image for larger version Name:	image1 (1).JPG Views:	431 Size:	60.1 KB ID:	15473  

Last edited by Richard Wood; 01-02-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: update
Richard Wood is offline   Reply With Quote