View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #6
bchen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix328ti View Post
Got it. So your question is which would be more challenging, S50 or S52, right? Such low miles! I bet you could get some extra $$ from the parts.

Since it sounds like your still in the early stages, how about a wrecked Z3 for a donor? Not an S engine but it does use the aluminum block (2.8); Not a super power but definitely more power... Then you could get the trans and LSD with the deal. Maybe even some suspension upgrades...

Just throwing that out there. I don't have experience with the S swap but having swapped a few cars (non-BMW) it's really just about the small details. My other project is a '73 Vega GT. That's a whole different ball game since most of what I've done for that car I had to custom fabricate myself. With what I've experienced since getting my ti, there is way more support for parts out there.

I know one of the small issues to work out is the shifter setup. I guess that does bring up thel need to get a comparable S transmission too. Not speaking from personal experience with BMW but it's VERY likely that the S will make ice cream of the stock ti trans.

You probably already know all this so sorry if I'm tossing out information that you've already got a handle on.

Best of luck! OK, now someone with more experience can take it from here! LOL
Do you have this Z3? If so, where are you from?
bchen87 is offline   Reply With Quote