View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 03:35 AM   #14
SNOWti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtahoex View Post
I just bought my own Ti... I believe I got a smoking deal but I still have about 2K invested in parts. It's all part of the negotiating process. If you are not a car person and you are not familiar with cars or problems associated with the particular car you are buying have it inspected by your mechanic or at the very least an independent mechanic. Spend extra and do a leak down and compression test. It is all vital info that can really get you a good deal on a car that needs work, or it can give you a little insurance that the car you are buying is not going to need a ton of work in the near future.

In my line of work I know everyone lies to me, hence I feel that most people in my personal life lie too. So I know for sure that the person who is selling me a used car is definitely lying to me about his car. This is one reason that I cannot bring myself to by a car over the internet sight unseen without know that it could be a complete hunk of junk.

LET THE BUYER BEWARE...

All that said... I have sold about 4 cars over the internet. From ebay to autotrader, and have always been very accurate about the condition of the cars. Maybe too accurate. But I still get that sinking pit in my stomach when the person has just bought one of my cars and is driving away... What if my car that has been so reliable to me, just decides to break down on the way home?
Sad. So you expect it then you must also be one of those that hides and lies about issues with cars. Thats bull, I've never had that sinking pit guy feeling when selling my old cars, because, I know they were either great or I told them to expect problems. Cars dont just start falling apart for nothing the next day after the sale if you know they've been good. I dont eff around, if it ends low I say, fine, Im not that hard up or bent on making the most, Im not that pathetic state or mind or greed. I tell them everything, let the chips fall, lets talk and be real about it, no bull****. If you want to lead that path in life, thats your responsibility.

2k in parts for mod-ding and tuning and so forth, probably angel eye-ing. My repairs were to fix problems CLEARLY hidden or never told to me at the moments I was buying the car and or checking it out. Yes, I think with all the problems if there were any, what accidents I had in it, what and how many times repaired, give them the receipts and if told about them, I should have paid around 1k give or take. Why, because what if I lie to them and tell them the cars transmission or brakes are not 100% and that person(s) has an accident? Or has to already invest so much to repair it. Its selfish and extremely effed up.

Apparently its 100% my fault. I do take a certain responsibility, I accept that and have fixed the car so its a good car now, I properly had it repaired instead of effing it up or skimping on supposed pricey repairs with aftermarket crap. Its the hiding and playing it off by the seller that really infuriates me. If you dont get that, then that says a lot about you.

I have more to say about this so, I'll post later. But no one has asked WHO it is, or his real name, would you recommend I state his name and member name?

Last edited by SNOWti; 12-31-2009 at 03:42 AM.