View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
angus

Default Turbo kit interest

I would like to gauge interest in an intercooled turbo kit (for low boost the intercooler could be made optional, if only running 4-5 PSI then that could cut the cost even more)

I currently build and sell a few very successful turbo kits for other cars, and with the cost of the DAS/C supercharger and the fact that it seems it's maker is not really interested in selling them, I figured maybe it is time for me to step in.

What I am proposing is a simple intercooled system that will offer a 50-75HP gain (just like the DAS/C) and will actually require less setup and install time.

It would be a completely bolt on kit that would require little or no permanent mods, would not overwork the engine and wold be as simple and clean as possible (this is the way I build things as a RULE)

Since I have a Ti, I can R&D the kit without issue and I suppose it'll work just the same for 318i and Z3 as well.

I hope the cost can be kept to $2500-ish - a price point I would personally jump at if I were on the other side of the fence.

SO let me know what you people think, if there is genuine interest I will do it.

Last edited by angus; 07-18-2011 at 08:44 PM.
angus is offline   Reply With Quote