View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
joe1602

Vehicles
Default No shift from 3rd to 2nd

In my autocrosses over the past 2 weekends, We have been having difficulties shifting from 3rd to 2nd. From fairly high speeds (60-65 mph) braking & shifting down to second for a turn. We match revs, and nothing, I am pulling, pulling, pulling but it is just not letting me get back to 2nd until the revs drop and our speed drops. This year I have put in Redline MTF-90 since I have plans to track the car at the Glen sometime this summer. Up to this point I have used Pennzoil syncromesh manual transmission oil, not sure what the actual weight of it is. However, in the previous 5 years we have been unfortunate enough to autoX on small lots with short slow courses. Therefore, we have not had to worry about shifting. My question is: Could the heavier redline oil be causing this? I plan on changing it back to the Pennzoil this week just to see, but it has only happened when autocrossing at higher speeds, never an issue with day to day driving. If anyone has any experience with this I would really appreciate some extra info.

Thanks in advance!
joe1602 is offline   Reply With Quote