View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #7
Trusted-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSWoo
Hi. Stan from L.A. here. I bought a CA top recently, doing some engine work before I get it on the road. I saw your ads and decided to get the motor and brass gear as a spare. (Currently my top works okay). I made this decision when, on this thread, it is believed the brass gear replacements are no longer available. OMG. So, you'll see my purchase and PayPal payment. Shipping to Downey, CA 90242
I appreciate you posting here on 318ti.org and for the YouTube video.

May I ask, what is normal... does the CA top frame and canvass slightly curve or lay completely flat when viewed standing behind the car? The seller of my car said his fat cat would often sleep on the roof of the car. (My top appears flat.)

Thanks,
Stan
It has a slight bow to make the rain run off. Test it with water and confirm it does not "puddle" in the middle.

Note that these tops do not completely seal but there is a "gutter" and four drain tubes to divert any water that does get in, out via the gutter and drain tubes.

Make sure the drain tubes are clear and it should function as intended.

Avoid parking under trees and/or be very careful about any debris getting into the mechanism/tracks.

I'll get that motor boxed and sent your way ASAP.

Thanks, Steve

98 318ti MSport M52, 88 M3, 97 M3/4
Trusted-1 is offline   Reply With Quote