View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 07:29 PM   #6
GotSWoo

Did you remove the lock cylinder? If not, here's a few more tips. tougebmw318ti is correct, you need to TWIST the tool (clockwise roughly 1/4 turn). The Pelican Parts tutorial only says... Insert the tool and wiggle it until the lock cylinder disengages. It didn't tell which way to orient the tool (the bend should be pointed away from the lock cylinder). The tutorial suggests using a paper clip (I tried several types of paper clips, but found a standard bobby pin worked best). The tutorial didn't instruct how only light pressure was required (at one point I thought force was the answer, that maybe I'm trying to disengage a heavy lock tab. Not!). Nor did the tutorial mention to look for (feel for) the spring-loaded action of the tool (this is key!).

There are YouTube tutorials that explain the process to remove the lock cylinder. Here's one. Jump to around 3:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tETEtb5Yr_o

BTW, I'm a huge fan of Pelican Parts' tutorials, but on this topic there's more information to consider. Twist the tool, don't wiggle it. Good luck.
GotSWoo is offline   Reply With Quote