View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Why don't you just put a EWS simulator on it and be done with the problems of EWS and run any DME you want or code EWS-Delete or not, Sim solves it all???
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
Barrie knows my car is weird in some way about EWS. My car has had random stalling/cut out issues where the fix for the problem doesn't make sense, replacing with identical off the shelf turner tune. Or it is the other way where it won't start most of the time, but sometimes randomly would and then run fantastic. I had a custom tune that worked fine for 12 months, and then every couple of times the car was running it would stall with no codes. I could have an EWS module issue as well since the way my car behaves seems to be against the way it was designed to work. But, since I haven't had any problems with it other than when trying to troubleshoot the issue in the last year or two i don't see it as a problem.. Probably should just cut the whole system out and be done with it.

And just to clarify, he should not be able to take the chip that is currently in the car, put it into another 282 DME and be able to start/run the car? I may be confused about the other bmw chips starting my car, but I definitely know I can swap to my spare DME with the original chip or a custom tune overlayed on that code and have zero issues.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote