View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #12
cabdolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
First of all show some class, don't piss on someones thread unless you have issues with the seller that need to be public. It is about the lamest thing you can do to someone selling something.

Here is my experience with a DASC on stock motor (M44). Stage three tune from Nick G. Over 200HP and when I cranked up the boost to 15 psi with a 3.2" pulley and ran a small .150 jet of meth I was rocking into the 8's in the 1/8th mile. Same setup on Pat Noskers 318 made over 250 hp on the dyno stock motor, pump gas, 3.2" pulley and meth shot for chemical intercooling plus meth raises the octane to avoid detonation. My car was reliable at 15-16psi for 70K miles and I retired that motor in perfect condition as a core at 179K.

People say don't boost slap in a bigger motor on other boards and they have a forum right here just for that.

Fact is it is the owner of the car as to what mods they want to do. I like turbos now but have to say a DASC is reliable HP/TQ too.

Every 14.7 psi of intercooled and fueled right boost doubles the HP of any motor. I'm not aware of any N/A S52's that can beat me. My turbo cost me around $2,000 complete system that is. Almost all other costs have been broken driveline parts due to the nasty torque my motor puts down.

I say anyone that wants a roots blower and can afford the DASC go for it. I will be glad to help with setup on this forum.

Hell that DASC can turn 15,000 rpm per Magnuson. I ran my DASC with a 2.8" pulley and 8,000 limiter on my I-4 stroker motor before I needed more boost and went turbo.

Sorry for the flame but show some class and keep pissing on members threads to PM.

Just my thoughts,

Smith out

Chill out. I don't have any issues with the seller, im sure he's a great guy. Im simply astonished at the ridiculous prices people want for these things given that:

1. the company is no longer in business so you dont have factory support
2. its selling for almost DOUBLE the price of a good low mile s52.

You got 200HP out of the DASC, I can literally get an M50/52 for $500 and get 180HP N/A and cam it to 210 with s52 cams and a tune.

All im saying is this is quite a high dollar per HP mod that does not get you much. Thats it thats all. Im sure it works fine and seller is an honest good guy.
cabdolla is offline   Reply With Quote