View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
KUBI

Hi, I just bought mine a few weeks ago. 100k miles 99' Did the basic checks, VIN check, my own inspection, my mechanics inspection. I made a Big compromise by buying an automatic because of the condition of the car... near mint body, and for Canada this is rare. Car was sitting in a garage for the winters, so the front suspension is to change, I'm not a mechanic but I think thats what causes the shocks to go (and age). I knew when buying it. First thing I did was change oil and the sparkplugs were the wrong type, since then idle is perfect. The ABS and traction control come on and off, cannot find a pattern for what causes it but from what I read this is classic for those cars. Will have to check the sensors. No recalls for those cars from what I find. So a little maintenance on a 'paid' car of this quality for me is a lot better than a warranty on a 15k $ new car. Even if it's automatic - + I can play around with it and my last trip was for close to 400 miles and I did 29 MPG.. even if I pushed it a few times over 100 MPH.
KUBI is offline   Reply With Quote