View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
arinborn

Default May have found my(1st) BMW- a 318ti, need advice if misfire issue is a deal breaker.

Took 116k 96 great condition & driving 318ti to aaa certified shop

It needs a couple of maintenance things... the biggie is that the mechanics found a misfire. And at start the instrument panel flashes. It seems to occur at start/idle but vanishes when driving. Spark plugs/wires are good. Their thinking is that it's a starter system problem.

Confident both seller and shop are honest

I put it plainly to the mechanics, aside from the misfiring issue if the car was a keeper. They said it was in great condition. But they emphasized that the misfire/ starter issue was a big deal and that needed to be resolved before purchasing.

how serious is this issue? Am I in for electrical or whatever problems down the road with this as an indicator? Is there something else I should be on the look out for?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate the do it yourself tutorials, knowledge base and this first time buyer section. jeremy Slainte

Last edited by arinborn; 06-06-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: shortn length hoping someone will help the newcomer
arinborn is offline   Reply With Quote