View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #18
Bluebimma

Seriously man, i have the bentley manual right in front of me. 160-10 and 160-10....
The fuel pump is capable of developing a higher pressure than that regulated by the pressure regulator. In the event the fuel pump check valve is faulty (stuck closed), make sure the fuel pressure does not rise above 6.0 bar (87psi). Damage to the fuel lines or fuel system components could result.

The m42/m44 uses 3.0+-.06 bar 43.5+-9psi and the 6 cylinder uses 43.5-51+-9 psi for the 6 cylinders, all using the same pump. My 5.7L V8 requires 60psi, which is still within the tolerance of my fuel pump and is able to be regulated properly by the fuel filter/regulator for feed, return, and single outlet to both rails. This has been done for years. Guys have run their OE pumps with who knows how many miles on them as well as pushing at least an extra hundred over my 350hp that requires only 60psi. Our pumps are able to pump more, which is what you would want so the engines management and fueling system doesnt lean out when in operation.

Maybe im just simply wrong and my fuel pump in my 325ti for the past 5 years is a lie. Maybe that same pump wont run my 5.7L just as well as the next. Maybe 260K miles is kicking that little pumps butt. *shrugs* Take it like a grain of salt, i know what our pumps can do and simple swaps wont kill them, hence guys running boost on stock pumps with 6 cyls.

OP, there is a lot of diagnosing pages in the bentley, you should take a look for yourself. If you cant jump 30 and 87 and get the pump going, you just need to check your wiring and fuse because nothing else can stand in the way. Like i said before, the pump can be ran without even having the key in the ignition when jumping the relay.

1998 Schwartz II sport 318ti - M50TUB25/5
Bluebimma is offline   Reply With Quote