View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
marko

as mentioned, aftermarket cats simply do not work on these cars.
yes, it sucks major balls, but you will have to get an OEM cat.

when ready, DO shop around though, as the price varies by as much as 500 bucks... I've been quoted as much as 1700, but ultimatelly I paid about 1200.

painfull fact is that there are way less aftermarket companies that make proper aftermarket parts for 318tis, than they do for vdubs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberWagen View Post
So I'm new to this site, I'm used to being on VWVortex, forgive me if I mess something up. But anyway, from what I'm seeing on the Internet quite a few people are having troubles with their catalytic converter. My CEL has been on for the past 300+ miles and I'm gonna fix it now. I bought the car about 7-8 months ago and everything was grand. Now, I've replaced both O2 sensors and now I've got the "Cat. converter efficiency below threshold" or w/e it is. NOW, my question is...has anybody had any experience with exhaustdistribution(dot)com or better yet their cats? I know DEC is an alternative, but I have been hearing mixed results with them. This deal is completely direct fit, but I'm not to sure about it. Any thoughts? I'm 17 and can't really afford $1200 OEM stuff. Not to mention I'm only getting 28mpg compared to the 34 I was getting when the light wasn't on.
/DASC w.3' pulley @ 15psi/SNOW System/3.45 LSD/Billstein PSS coils
/Stromung Exhaust/DS1's/X-Brace/Front & Rear H&R Sways/OMP 300mm SW
/SAP delete/ASC+T delete/Hayabusa valve springs/MM's LTW flywheel
marko is offline   Reply With Quote