View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 07:30 AM   #8
paul somlo

I believe there are three socket head cap screws that hold the compressor to the bracket. Two on the bottom, opposing each other, and the one on top, which you may be able to see with a mirror (accessed from the rear of the compressor). I see you're using a 6mm ball end allen - you'd be better off with a regular 6mm allen. You'll find that it engages very well, I don't think there's a need to replace the allen bolts. There should be 3 or 4 hex head bolts that hold the bracket to the engine. Not sure what to make of the inserts - you mean bushings that are not threaded? You may have a compatibility issue with the new bracket. If so, and there's clearance, you could back up the thru hole in the bracket with a nut, might need a longer fastener.

I eventually bought a long 6mm bit from SK, just for that top fastener, similar to this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/150mm-Long-6mm-Hexagon-End-Hex-Head-Screwdriver-Insert-Bits-10pcs/351761812737? I think one of the reasons they went with socket head, at least for the top fastener, is that it sits so close to the compressor case - there might not have been clearance for a hex head bolt and the socket needed to remove it.
paul somlo is offline   Reply With Quote