Thread: Hitch Set-Up
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:04 AM   #7
jetblackbimmer

Everything at the DMV is good to go, but I had some VERY bad stuff go down and I might be going away for a while and might not be able to move. Anyways, here are the pics I took.

The first picture is the bumper removed that shows exactly how the crossmember is attached.

The second picture shows that I did in fact drill through the heatshield.

The third picture is the location of the bolts that go though the cargo bay floor through an appoxiamately 3 inch thick, but hollow, crossmember on the car. 1/2 inch x 3 and 1/2 inch bolts was my selection.

The fourth picture is the same thing but from the bottom. The half inch bar was almost in the way. Give it a slight pull to the rear to give more access.

The last picture is of the tiny amount of clearance for the donut.

In the pictures I removed the donut and tool box. Removal of the tool box is needed so that you can remove the carpet padding to drill the holes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	bumper mount.jpg Views:	141 Size:	124.6 KB ID:	12997   Click image for larger version Name:	mount through heatshield.jpg Views:	142 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	12998   Click image for larger version Name:	cargo bay mount location.jpg Views:	137 Size:	138.5 KB ID:	12999  

Click image for larger version Name:	rear mount.jpg Views:	136 Size:	125.1 KB ID:	13000   Click image for larger version Name:	donut clearance.jpg Views:	144 Size:	89.6 KB ID:	13003  

Last edited by jetblackbimmer; 07-09-2012 at 01:07 AM.
jetblackbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote