View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #3
e30polak

Being the wheel whore that I am, I had a few sets already put aside for future projects. The main wheels were going to be one of my favorites - staggered 17" AC Schnitzer Type 2 concave mono blocks, (8.5 et 13 front, 9.5 et 21.5 rear) wrapped in 235/40/17 front and 245/40/17 rear. The other sets included 17x9 BBS LMs, 18x9 Alpina Softlines and 18x9.5 AC Schnitzer Type 2 concave mono blocks. I also grabbed a Motorsport Hardware 90mm stud kit for good measure.

Wheels & Tires:
17" AC Schnitzer Type 2 concave mono blocks - 17x8.5 et 13 front (235/40/17 tire) /17x9.5 et 21.5 front (245/40/17 tire) - DAILY SET-UP
18x9 et 24 Alpina Softlines (Square set)
18x9.5 et 21.5 AC Schnitzer Type 2 concave mono blocks (Square set)
Motorsport Hardware 90mm stud kit, with black acorn nuts & Neochrome tuner lugs

For the interior, Nathan had parted a car with a complete "rare" Millpoint set-up, just missing the front seats. As much as I wanted a pair of fixed back bucket seats, I needed something foldable so I could access the back seats. This was going to be my everything car, so I had to make it as functional as possible for my needs. I found a pair of Bride Cuga replica seats for $700 shipped, which are a great value IMO! The quality is top notch, they fit me well, they're comfortable and they look awesome! Chris from Castro Motorsport modified factory brackets and sliders for me to have full adjustability with both seats. The car came without a headliner, but Nathan had a slick top headliner skin for me to have wrapped, which he included with the car. I hit up my buddy at Hiperion Interior and had him wrap the headliner in black microsuede, and the front A pillars in black vinyl for longevity and to match the look of the B and C pillars. I got new black leather shift and e-brake boots through a forum member, along with Bimmian brushed aluminum, illuminated shift and e-brake knobs. I have a nice steering wheel collection, but I wanted to run one of the less rare wheels I had for daily use, so I got a hub off Amazon and put my Momo Corse wheel on.

Interior:
Bride Cuga replica seats
Black mill point interior
Custom microsuede headliner by Hiperion Interiors
Momo Corse steering wheel and hub (daily wheel)
Other steering wheels: 4 spoke black leather BBS, 3 spoke Momo Hella edition, 3 spoke Alpina

Last on the list was going to be the sound system, which I would take care of a bit further down the road. I haven't had a nice sound system in any of my cars since my S52 E30, and I really missed having good quality music in my daily driver! I had some pieces from various projects that I would incorporate, namely my 6.5" Hybrid Audio Technologies competition components up front, 5.25" Infinity Kappa Perfect components out back, and an Alpine 4 channel amp. I plan to go with a JL W7 12" with a custom box, and a nice amp to push that. For head unit, I haven't quite decided yet, but I'll get something good quality with nice features. I've always been an Alpine guy, so I may go back to an older unit with amber lighting. I plan to run all new wiring through the car, and run everything through my amps. I will also add Dynamat where it's needed.

Sound System:
Head unit - undecided
6.5" Hybrid Audio Technologies competition component speakers with cross-overs (fronts)
5.25" Infinity Kappa Perfect components with cross-overs (rears)
Alpine 4 channel amp
JL W7 12" sub in custom built box
Probably a big JL amp to push the sub

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports
e30polak is offline   Reply With Quote