View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #9
e30polak

The Ti was dropped off at Kings' for the Hard Motorsport flares to be installed, as well as painting the bumpers, nose panel, hood and finishing the slick top/sunroof delete and painting the roof satin black. The flare install was pretty straight forward for the crew at Kings Auto Body Shop, as they had installed these flares on a few e36s in the past. Pretty much make the markings needed, cut, drill holes, weld the rear 2 ply back together, smooth the metal out front and rear, apply caulking and rivet on the flares.

I also decided to go with Bushwacker fender flare welting in between the flares and the panels, as well as black rivets. I’ve always loved this look on the 2002 Turbo, as well as the older Datsun Z cars that run rivet-on flares, so it was a must! The Hard Motorsport flares have a decent fender lip on them that we needed to completely remove if I wanted to get fairly flush wheel fitment.

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports
e30polak is offline   Reply With Quote