View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
chris318

Default Repair or Replace

Evening chaps,

My ti is in quite a bad shape. I brought it on the cheap and have spent a lot getting back to how it's supposed to be, the interior is all fixed and the heavy servicing has been completed, its now time to make it look pretty, my friends keep telling me I'm polishing a turd, but this things flies like sh!t off a shovel and I absolutely love it! I've purchased a set of wheels for it, had them on the car and they make it look phenomenal, paid the deposit just have to stump up the rest of the cash!
Now to my question, in general the body work is in good condition, just the front right wing is rotten. In its past its been completely unloved and some jealous swine decided to run his key all over the car, so I had a quote to get all the body work done, I had an offer of £300 ($450) to have all the paint work, re-lacquer the bonnet, and fix the right wing rather than replace it, have been told it will look as good as new, but for £40 I can get a new wing and have that put on, and the rust wont come back.

My question has anyone replaced their front wings, was it easy, did the paint work match the rest of the car e.g. when opening the door the panelling was matching paint rather than factory black, or should I get it sanded down getting it "as fixed as possible" and accept the fact the rust will return in the future and get it fixed again?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.
chris318 is offline   Reply With Quote