View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 09:19 PM   #15
e30polak

While the car was a lot closer to what I envisioned it to be, I still needed to figure out a wing for the hatch. I initially found an AC Schnitzer 3 piece spoiler that I’ve always been a fan of, but it wasn’t enough. I had planned to have Victor at extend the center section of the spoiler to have it kick outward and upward like an E30 Mtech 1 spoiler. I wanted to extend the square shaped of the hatch (something I’ve always ***** about the Ti chassis) and give the car a sportier look. A big inspiration for the wing style I wanted was Dominant Engineering’s Rocket Bunny spoiler that he put on his awesome Ti. However, before I dropped my car off with Victor, I had been in talks with Mateo from Mateo Motorsports about a custom drag wing for the Ti. I saw the teaser he posted on Instagram of the one he had designed for his coupe and a customer’s sedan, and I started some sketches for one specific to the Ti. After being happy with my sketches, he took my vision and turned it into reality! I still remember how excited I was when he sent me the teaser shots of my wing mounted on @bmwwatermelonti’s car, it was PERFECT! This one piece truly transformed the look of the Ti, and set my car apart from any other compact I’d seen. The drag wing showed up to my door the week before Bimmerfest. I went to Castro Motorsport a couple days later, and Chris and Aram helped me get the wing mounted up. The car looked so aggressive now, and was turning heads everywhere I went!

The last thing to do before Bimmerfest was to get all my sponsor vinyl installed on the Ti. I decided to go with black for the body vinyl, and satin classic gold for the windows. Now I know most will think that the vinyl is too much, or looks bad, but this isn’t about you or your opinions. I proudly show off the names off all my friends and sponsors that made m,y car what it is. The morning of Bimmerfest felt so good! I rolled up to the Staples Center meet up in Downtown LA to caravan with some old E30 buddies and others to roll out to the event in at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA. Here are a few shots of Scarlet at the event.

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports
e30polak is offline   Reply With Quote