View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #13
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP422 View Post
Jeebus... that's what I was afraid to hear. Normally I feel it needs to bottom out too (floating pulley seems a bit odd to me), but if I crank it on more.. it goes back past the pulley alignment point. I have to admit I haven't seen what where a full bottomed out pulley will sit, but I also didn't notice any stops.

Anyway, I fired up the motor last night, only to find I stupidly forgot to double check the fitting on the coolant flange (under the intake mani), so I'll be disassembling everything once again.

At least I know the motor starts

Meanwhile, I'll take another look at the pulley and try to see what full lock will do. Also gonna swap out some old sensors while I'm in there.
Find a washer that is the right size to pin the pulley where you want it. If you sand the anodize off the inside of the pulley it will slide on and off the S/C shaft nicely like it's suppose to. I've had to sand 2 of my 5 pulleys when I was DASC.

I damaged a pulley by accidental "floating it" for less then 20 miles with a loose S/C nut. <---School of hard knocks.

Can't sell that pulley it just sits on a shelf as a reminder of stupidity...$90 down the drain
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote