View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 04:42 AM   #6
vwzx7

Wow! You guy's are awesome for responding so fast...and so many of you.

No, it's not an automatic...

Don't know if it's been in Chicago before hand but being currently in Ohio it could have been.

Yes, I have been autox'ing for a couple years now driving an '03 MCS in street mod.

And after starting to do track days last year in the MINI I've already reached the performance limit of that car. I'm turning 101's at Limerock and 2:21's at Watkins Glen in a street MINI with a modded suspension and Hoosiers. There's not much more to be had in the MINI as far as time so before I really start to push the MINI too hard (and possibly throw it off the track) I thought I'd step up to a more sutible car and make it safer with some safety modifications.

Novelty of a ti......no. Just am intertested in a light weight/high hp car to have fun with and not get bored with too soon.

The car's not cheap but it's bascially all I need. After I get a cage in it I should be all set initially. After I'll have to see if I'm happy with the performance of the suspension/brakes. BUT.....what I'd have to spend on a 3 series car and then turn it into a track car would be close to what I'd be spending on this thing. Had a line on an '95 325is for $4k that was very nice that I had planned on converting but that fell thru...
vwzx7 is offline   Reply With Quote