View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 02:29 AM   #5
manbeer

Thanks for the greetings, will follow up with pics in a couple days as i am in the process of doing a bit of cleaning and am in the middle of parting out my e30 project that never materialized

I just picked up a set of 18" AC Schnitzer type 3's for it that i have getting freshened up right now but after doing a bit of research i think i may stick with smaller wheels since the roads are bad around here and one of the best attributes of the car for me is being able to just get in and go without worries. In the other cars i always get paranoid about being stranded with a flat tire

I've put about 500 miles on the car in the past week and have to say, aside from a few issues it has (bad ac compressor, the crappy incremental window switch issue, and bad alignment) its been a pleasure

One thing i've noticed is a rattle coming from under the car when tapping the gas from idle to say 1200 or 1500 rpm or so. I was thinking cat but it seems further forward. Hoping its not a flywheel issue, stays regardless of clutch engagement. If it is an m50 swap may be in the very near future

Just ghetto rigged the previously screwed in door panels back on. The PO had removed a bunch of the brackets that clip the panel on so i had to do a few screws anyway until i find suitable replacements. Will probably do the headliner this week but that may get put off if the new turbo for the mini comes
manbeer is offline   Reply With Quote