View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
BRADESTAR

Vehicles

Sorry to hear about your situation. I remember seeing this car on CL right after it had sold in Cali and was wondering what was going on with it. Sounds like that is when you picked it up. Surprising that cooling system failed when it was listed as replaced 11/2013. but isn't that always how it goes....

Seems to me it'd be worth somebody sticking another M42 into it. Don't know your time frames, but you should be able to find a used one locally. There is a 95 318i at the pick n pull in Lynnwood, don't know the status of the motor though.

If you go (6cyl) engine swap, you will have to replace more than just the motor.

Can probably find a person to do the work for less then $2500 as well. I have a shop that I would go to, but haven't had to yet. The owner has a TI. Otherwise there are people that will come to your house (traveling mechanics) and do this type of thing relatively cheap. You'd want to replace most all the cooling system parts while putting the motor in as well, another $400 in parts.

Don't be so bummed! These things happen. It's only money.

Could always just sell it whole with the blown motor. Maybe the person you bought it from will be OK with his S50 swap now....heh. I kid, but people are always looking for project cars.
BRADESTAR is offline   Reply With Quote